Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thanksgivng Letter to my Father

I just thought I'd share this years thanksgivng letter to my Heavenly Father:

Thanksgiving 2009

Dear Father,
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving. To begin with I want to recall thy scriptures that remind me of being thankful and grateful:

1 Chr. 16: 7
David delivered first this psalm to thank the Lord.
(Delivering thanks first thing in the morning, first thing after receiving blessings…)
1 Chr. 23: 30
stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord.
John 11: 41
Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
(So many times thou hast heard me. So many times thou hast listened when noone else understood. So many, many times I have been blessed by thee, taught by thee, comforted and healed by thee and my Savior Jesus Christ.)
Rom. 1: 8
I thank my God . . . for you all.
(So very many “for you alls” are in my life. From Dan to my parents and family, for learning, opportunities, children, grandchildren, home, food, Dan’s job, friends, guitar and so much more. I thank thee for all these things: dreams, hopes, successes, books and more. I feel most blessed above all. I thank thee)
Rom. 6: 17
God be thanked, that . . . ye have obeyed
(what a miracle it is that our children seek to obey the voice of the Lord. I see it in the way Cindy, Heidi and Josie teach their children to love thee and obey thee, I see it in the way Trisha and Tiffany are seeking to be moms despite the cost. I see it in the way that Joseph expresses his desire to have the gospel back in his life. What a miracle it is that our children seek to obey.)
Ether 6: 9
he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long.
1 Thes. 2: 13
thank we God without ceasing.

(There are few things more fun than looking heavenward and throwing my arms in the air then shouting (sometimes loudly and sometimes softly) “Thank you Father!!” I am so blessed that I know that if I did this consistently I could enjoy many aerobic moments. As it is I must admit that through thy blessings many of my days are filled with thanking in my heart, if not outloud. Father, please feel my heart radiating in this hour with huge thanks for the tools that have helped my thanks be fore constant. For prayer, cognitive therapy, EFT, supportive family and friends and more. In fact, I have been blessed with mental and physical and spiritual health so much lately. I wish to thank thee most sincerely!!! I love thee and pray that I may share that love with others also. I pray that the audiobook we recently completed may bless others. I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
2 Tim. 1: 3
I thank God, whom I serve
Father, Jesus, I desire to serve thee. I know that the more I serve the more I give thanks and the more I love. Please continue to teach me to find joy in serving and to follow thy directions.
D &C 59: 7
thank the Lord thy God in all things.
“In all things”… what a challenging commandment when things get tough. It has been said “When the going gets tough, the tough reevaluate.” I believe that is why I can thank God in all things. With his help the tough stuff can become lessons for today and tomorrow.

And so, as I come to the conclusion of this letter Father, I want to thank thee so much. I thank thee for births and new beginnings: for Kezia’s birth, for the birth of the new audiobook, for the forthcoming birth of Trisha’s baby, for Joseph’s birth in the army, for Cindy’s birth as a single mom and student, for Tiffany’s birth as a resale Realor, for Dan’s continued spiritual journey in serving so many, for Josies birth as she relocated to Layton and for all the relationships in my life. Our material blessings are countless as well. Now as I go forth help me to be filled with love. Love for myself, thee, Jesus, my family and all those around me. Happy Thanksgiving Father, 2009.

2 comments:

Tiff Meister said...

You are an inspriation to all of us Mom. What a great way to begin Thanksgiving. I love you and will miss you today!

Patricia Potts said...

Thank you Tiffany. You are so sweet to respond. Love you. Miss you. Can't wait to see you.