Monday, April 15, 2013

April 1-15 2013 Potts Newsletter - Cindy Todd's Fall

April 1-15 2013 Potts Newsletter - Cindy Todd's Fall


 My sister, Cindy, fell from her handicap chair while being transported when the bus stopped to avoid a car.  She had 18 staples in the back of her head and she broke her top vertebra. It was amazing that she survived the ordeal.

Maddy has that "oops! I got caught look!"                              "Ta Daaa!!" Maddy is a walking wooker" :)              


I had a few more pictures on my cell phone but I couldn't figure out how to transfer them so I will add them next time.


FAMILY
The neighbors pooled their money and bought us a picture to remember Link by.  It was the same picture Heidi and her family were  given.  It is beautiful.  We also were given a potted plant by Merrills. So kind-
  • Trisha and Darrin hosted a dinner on Conference day.  We began with a tour of the house then General Conference then a wonderful Hawaiian stack dinner. 
  • we had a real challenge when my sister Cindy due to  lacerations on her head requiring about 20 stitches and fracturing her c1 a bus accident while coming home from daycare.   dan and i joined mom at the hospital and dam gave Cindy a blessing.  the miracle was when the doctors used a bracefor a few days then after a second xray determined that her neck would be ok without surgery.   she was able to transition to a rehab center.
  • Dan, Cindy and kids and I went to the rehab center to visit Mom and cindy. 

DAN
  1. Doing more to get ready for the trip.

PATRICIA
  • See Heidi's notes at the first of the month.
  1. My ear drum broke at night.  I was thankful for the blessing Dan gave me because the pain was so intense for about 5 hours!
  1. Today I see the doctor at 11:45. I am feeling very overwhelmed with what needs to be done for the trip and tying loose ends at home. 11th i we
  1. Filtering the negative: It is 4:15 a.m. I've been up since 3:30 with a headache.  I live in a pretty silent world these days.  I can't hear myself type, I hardly hear my son talk, I have to ask people to say things more than once because I can't hear them.  My right ear can only hear about 30% (brain tumor damage from 20 years ago), now my left ear can only hear about 15% (broken ear drum.)  yesterday the doctor changed medication and added steroids to help it heal.  Today it has stopped draining but remains  a silent partner in my world.  -- I hope my  problem is temporary, I hope I can heal and go on our trip next week with better hearing -- my right ear hearing aid doesn't help me. It magnifies all sounds and doesn't help with voices that much. --- complain, complain...despite  my dilemma I have much to be thankful for: The healing I sense in Heidi and Jason's world since my little grandson died last month, the healing  that is happening with my sister after her serious bus  accident and the miracle of my sister and niece taking over so that we can still go on our Mediterranean trip with my mom, good doctors who are working to do all they can for my ear, fingers that can type, eyes that can see, a family who is understanding and trying to work with me, finances so that I can get medical help, modern technology that offers hope or future earing.  Truly I am blessed. Lord, help me have spiritual eyes to see and hears to hear even if my physical  ears are on recess at the moment.
  1. I wrote  a poem for Link and sent it to Heidi.  It was inspired by Jason's poem. -- My friend, Laura Lee, said that our touring, learning, going kind of vacation is the best one to be on for right now because if we were just sitting around on the beach our thoughts would probably keep turning back to the events o the last few weeks and we would have trouble relaxing.  Father, I am thankful for wisdom from all sides.
  1. 13- Dan went on his half-marathon timing today.  I was there to get Divi and take him gum then I went to the rehab center to visit my sister Cindy.  She keeps trying to take off her neck brace.  It is so sad.-- Cool!  I just ordered some kindle books to enjoy on our trip!!!
  2. 14~ the ringing in my ears is so loud that it drowns out most sounds and leaves me drained, vulnerable,discouraged...I wish I was a better person.--- It has taken nearly an hour to pull out of my negative feelings but I feel better now.  Scriptures, general conference and prayer have helped along with journaling.
  1. It was fast Sunday today and I shared my testimony.  It was healing and loving.  Heidi said our ward sent her $250.00 to help with the cost of the funeral and all.

CINDY
  • See Heidi's entry at the first of the month
  • Cindy, thank you for being the driver home from Cedar City. You and your dad rock!!
  • Cindy and Mike celebrated their anniversary so we took the three youngest.  Joshua needed to have pictures for his kindergarten class we I had fun taking pictures
  • Mike took Kalli on a temple tour along with 7 other frienrads.  They went to the Manti temple, Montecello temple and St. George temple.  Wow! What a great 3 day trip
HEIDI
1-5-Cindy and I stayed at Heidi and Jasons to help and allow them to go away to St. George for a few days following Link's funeral.  During that time Cindy hosted draw-an activity in a bowl memories.  We had a tea party, stringing cheerio necklaces and making macaroni pictures, making a fairy house (big deal), making bread, having readathons and more. 
Heidi and Jason spent much of the day at the temple. On one of their sessions they were able to be Adam and Eve.  Heidi said that although it was hard it turned out to be a spiritual experience
TIFFANY
1 Tiffany got food poisoning really bad just before she flew back to Minnesota.  She said it was a miracle that she was able to get a direct flight. Thanks Father.
TRISHA
JOSEPH
  1. Joseph had to fix his windshield after Gwen hit her head on the windshield.
  1. 14- joseph is teasing me miles sly about my lack of hearing...it is driving me crazy
  1. - joseph got three new tattoos
  1. Thanks for breakfast and for making our reservations in the rome gallery.
JOSIE
josie has had some real challenges at home lately. being the payroll woman she is im sure she will end up shining

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imagine employing one of associated with to beat
our traffic to work. Lastly, I want to adopt time to critique Elan International robes for women.
This kit is bound that would make anyone cease in their music and admire
sheer elegance. Make sure your utilize a trustworthy web page
web hosting business. http://www.gigzbuzz.com/JudeBadill