Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rocks in our Sprinkler Trench-Edits in our Book


The sky was black and full of summer stars. Our sprinkler trench was shallow and full of rocks as numerous as the stars. The faint smell of hard earned dirt offered relief from the back breaking work we were engaged in trying to bring water to our barren yard. When we began the project the ground looked submissive and ready to give way to clean white pvc pipes, but little did we know the rocks that lie beneath

Now, decades later as I flipped through My Journey from Darkness to Light, orange and pink corrections on what appeared to be a book ready to go to print reminded me that I couldn’t judge the readiness of a book by it’s cover. Although family and friends had come together to weed and prepare it our daughter, Heidi and son, Joseph uncovered 26 more corrections!

“No!” moaned as I tossed the book on my bed and stood with hands on hips. “I don’t want another delay!”

Then as if the earthy smell of dirt emerged from my senses I thought of our trench. I was reminded that I could focus on the rocks, the dirt or the stars.

Sighing I began accepting that my first 250 copies would just have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

I want to thank all you who have supported me in My Journey from Darkness to Light. With this latest revision I believe the stones will be minimal and the stars more numerous.

2 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Hang in there mom! It will be here before you know it - and I think you did the right thing. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey nice web site! Thanks for sharing it. I would love to buy your book & read it. It's a beautiful cover also. It was good seeing you again after so long. Love, Ev