Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That is Something You Can Do For Yourself Mom!




“Grandma, can you get me a drink?” four year old, blond headed Michael asked.

“I think that is something you can do for yourself” I responded. Remember, there are cups by the frig and water through the door of the frig. You should be able to reach both of them.”

My response to Michael rang clearly in my mind this morning when I asked my genius daughter, Heidi, to post a blog for me. Her delayed response was “Mom, I think it would be good for you to do that yourself!” she responded knowing full well that she had typed detailed instructions for me and emailed them to me.

I was given a dose of my own philosophy! I guess I’d better watch the words I say around my grandkids. I have a feeling it will come back to haunt me!

And so, I did post my own blog and it does feel good to “do it by myself”.
When was the last time you were reminded that you could "do it by yourself?"

1 comment:

Heidi Hamilton said...

And you did a great job! You'll be teaching ME soon how to do stuff.
I do need the "you can do it yourself" talk when it comes to stuff I expect Jason to do. Little things around the house he hasn't gotten to yet or whatever. I sometimes forget that I can do them myself with a little determination!